Friday, August 29, 2008

Arrested for scraping copper that wasn't his

A friend of mine just got arrested for scraping copper... the problem was that the copper wasn't his to scrap!

You might have guessed my consternation with him from perusing my last few posts to this blog!

Here in Frederick Maryland we get one of the highest prices for scrap in Maryland.

I go to Reliable Recycling Center
www.reliablerecyclingcenter.com

502 N East St
Frederick, MD 21701
(301) 663-4482

They can be found in Google here:


http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&fkt=1922&fsdt=&q=reliable+recycling+frederick+md&aq=1&oq=reliable+recy


Frederick is Maryland's second largest city, and near Pennsylvania... and scrap prices paid are MUCH higher in PA than they are in MD (not sure why?, perhaps factories are in PA so they pay more because they have less transportation costs/ diesel costs?)

When I used to live in Baltimore, I took #1 steel to Baltimore Scrap near Curtis Bay:
http://www.baltimorescrap.com/

I took aluminum to Deckers Brothers Recycling in Laurel Maryland:
9385 Washington Blvd N # H
Laurel, MD 20723
(301) 497-0391‎

Decker's paid the highest aluminum prices on the west side of Baltimore at the time (2005)

There was a place in East Baltimore that paid slightly higher but I dont remember that companies name.

No comments: